As we approaching the SharePoint event of the year in few hours, by which the SharePoint community out there are at the edge of seats to hear what Microsoft’s future of SharePoint roadmap is all about.
The details of the event are below and get registered for what I believe is the biggest and most anticipated event as far as SharePoint is concerned as a product and service offering.
The Future of SharePoint
Wednesday, 4th May @ 9:30am PT (17.30 GMT)
Check out SharePoint and see Jeff Teper, CVP OneDrive and SharePoint, unveil new vision and roadmap for SharePoint and OneDrive for Business, both on-premises and in the cloud with Office 365. Following the live keynote from San Francisco there will be a number of on-demand sessions detailing upcoming innovations. So don’t miss this event!
According to sources at ZDNet, below are tons of items on Microsoft’s SharePoint Roadmap for this year and more will be announced later- these are exciting times!!
- Access to SharePoint Online document libraries from the OneDrive mobile app
- Intelligent discovery in OneDrive of documents from both OneDrive and SharePoint
- Copy from OneDrive to SharePoint
- OneDrive Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application
- Modern document library experience (currently rolling out to First Release tenants)
- SharePoint mobile app for cross platforms
- New SharePoint home page in Office 365
- Modern lists experience
- Site activity and insights on the Site Contents page
- Document analytics surfaced in OneDrive to provide insight into document usage, reach, and impact
- Synchronization of SharePoint Online document libraries with the new OneDrive sync client
- Synchronization of shared folders with the new OneDrive sync client
- Mobile access to SharePoint document libraries in on-premises farms
- Integration of SharePoint sites and Office 365 Groups
- Simple, fast site creation
- Modern pages experience
- Team and organizational news and announcements
- PowerApps and Microsoft Flow integration with SharePoint