No More Integration between Project Server/Project Online and TFS
Microsoft are changing how TFS (Visual Studio Team Foundation Server) and Project Server integrate and have confirmed a third party partner will be supporting the integration.
Next major version of TFS, TFS ’15’ will no longer provide an out-of-box integration experience between:
- Project Server and Team Foundation Server
- Project Online and Visual Studio Team Services.
Existing integration solutions will be supported with following versions.
- TFS 2010 SP1, 2012, 2013, and 2015
- Project Server 2007, 2010 and 2013
The main reasons for the change in direction are:
- Challenges of running traditional (waterfall) projects and Agile projects in TFS
- More tools enabling agile projects in the marketplace
You can find out more about the partner solution approach to meet your future integration between project server/project online and TFS.