New Microsoft Stream Features Update
Quick post on recent updates in Microsoft Stream.
- Tier-C compliance – Stream is now certified to be a Tier-C compliant service in the Office 365 compliance framework (includes compliance standards like SOC 1, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and EU Model Clauses).
- Spotlight videos on Home page – enables Office 365 admins to highlight (or spotlight) videos on Stream to raise visibility on those and bring them to employees. (Ability for group owners to spotlight videos to their group coming soon).
- Cloud recording for meetings in Microsoft Teams (coming soon) – Stream enables recording of meetings in Teams and making those available for consumption after the meeting.
- More seamless SSO with Teams – Stream now supports seamless SSO for Stream videos and channel embedded in Teams when using the Teams desktop client.
- Edit transcripts and people timelines – Customer can edit automatically generated transcripts and curate face timelines. (E5 or Stream Plan 2 licenses only)
- Splitting who can create channels and who can upload videos – Admins can now specify a different set of people who can upload videos to Stream from those that can create company wide channels.
It would be good if there was language translation capability in transcripts in future!
Source: New Stream Features – April 2018
Leave a Reply